After unveiling the Australian-developed 2012 Ranger at the 2010 Australian International Auto Show, Ford will be showing off the top of the range version at the Geneva International Auto Show this week – the Wildtrak.
Posts Tagged ‘Ranger’
After what has seemed an eternity, Ford has finally unveiled the new 2011 Ranger at the Australian International Motorshow in Sydney this morning. Boasting a new robust exterior, in design and application, as well as a interior you could forgive as a family car, the new Ranger certainly hopes to get tradies into some serious vehicles, rather than the boring workhorses we have currently. Couple that with new high-power, low emission engines and you certainly have a world class ute – designed in Australia!
Source: Australian Car Advice
Our spy photographer has snapped photos of the 2012 Ford Ranger, codenamed the ‘T6′. Photographed just outside Geelong, in Victoria (which is in Australia for our overseas visitors) it’s seen here in rep-mobile white.
NEW FORD Ranger: READY TO PLAY AS HARD AS IT WORKS
- Fresh new look for Ford’s popular Ranger pick-up
- Ranger’s ‘Tough Truck’ capability and seating for up to five offers customers an all-round pick-up well equipped for leisure and the work environment
- Renowned Ranger driving dynamics and high build quality combine with best-in-class towing capacity
- New Ranger is available in three body configurations with choice of two fuel-efficient 2.5 and 3.0 litre TDCi turbo diesel engines with
five-speed manual or five-speed automatic transmissions
- New Ranger now also available with automatic transmission paired with the 2.5-litre TDCi engine
- Distinctive and comprehensive series choice, available as 4×2 or 4×4
- New Ranger makes its European debut at the Geneva Motor Show
Well well well… What do we have here Ford? Some (sadly toned down) production versions of the Ranger MAX concept? Sure looks like it – or are they the updated model? More than likely. What ever the case, these Australia-bound(? – TBC) Rangers look pretty shmick!
All I can say is wow! I mean, Just look at this beast!
For the full report, just keep reading… Read the rest of this entry ?
The Ford Ranger is one of Americas favourite medium-sized pickups. It was introduced a fair while ago (since the 80’s) & has survived right through to today. It still is a best-seller. And just to re-instate the Rangers importance, Ford has been given it another lease of life until at least 2011.